A 26-year-old man on Saturday immolated himself to press his demand for merger of his native mandal Nagireddypalli, which became part of the newly-carved out Kamareddy district, back into Medak district, police said. V Raju, the deceased, poured kerosene on his body and set himself on fire on the busy Tank Bund Road this afternoon, additional inspector Srinath Reddy of Gandhi Nagar police station said.
While immolating himself, Raju was heard shouting that his mandal should remain a part of the Medak district, Reddy said. “He was taken to Gandhi Hospital immediately but he died during the treatment,” he told PTI.
A case has been registered in the matter. Telangana government had recently announced creating 21 new districts, taking the total number of districts to 31.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage