People-friendly policing can change the perspective of masses towards cops, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan said today. “Normally people look at police in a different way but Telangana police would like to change the perspective of people by executing people-friendly policing,” the Governor said prior to flagging-off the first Indian Police Martyrs Memorial Run at the People’s Plaza here this morning. The Telangana police organised the first such run to remember the sacrifices made by men and women of the police forces in the country. Around 6,000 citizens took part in the run, held in 2 km, 5 km and 10 km categories. The event was an endeavour by the police force to build community engagement.
Appreciating the Telangana police for initiating a good step, Narasimhan said, “People-friendly policing initiative will be taken to district and sub-divisional level for more transparency.” Telangana DGP Anurag Sharma said it is for the first time in the country that police has organised the Indian Police Martyrs Memorial Run and the first Indian Police Expo in association with the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Indian Police Expo is an integral part of the plan to engage citizens and build community engagement and positive public interface. The Central Armed Police Forces and Central Police Organisations exhibited their work and weaponry. The expo was inaugurated by state Home Minister Nayani Narasimha Reddy yesterday.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
In view of overwhelming response from public, the expo has been extended till tomorrow, the DGP said. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNPA) Drector Aruna Bahuguna also spoke on the occasion. IPS offices working in Hyderabad and from neighbouring Andhra Pradesh attended the memorial run.