The Telangana government on Tuesday formed a ‘high-power committee’ to look into the demand for constituting four particular districts in addition to the proposed 17 districts.
The committee, headed by TRS MP K Keshava Rao, would look into the demand for creation of Jangaon, Sircilla, Gadwal and Asifabad districts, a release from the CMO said.
Watch what else is making news
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao formed the committee in view of the request from public representatives for the formation of the four districts.
The state government has already proposed to form 17 new districts, in addition to the existing 10.
Rao asked the committee to submit its report by October 7 afternoon, the release said.
The new districts are proposed to come into existence from the Dasara festival