Lalu Yadav’s son Tejashwi Yadav was on Friday appointed Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar and was given charges of three portfolios in the new cabinet.
Lalu Prasad’s elder son Tej Pratap is the new health minister, official sources said. Tejashwi Yadav was allocated the portfolios of PWD, forest and environment.
- Nyay yatra a flop, Tejashwi’s statements absurd: Sushil Modi
- Tej Pratap Yadav vacates ‘haunted’ bungalow
- RJD MLA berates Tejashwi Yadav’s “Nyay Yatra”, showers praise on CM Nitish Kumar
- Felt from beginning Grand Alliance will not last, says Nitish; Tejashwi calls him ‘paltu chacha’
- Nitish Kumar rubbishes RJD’s charge of framing Lalu Prasad in fodder scam cases
- Lalu convicted in third fodder scam case: Tejashwi alleges conspiracy by Nitish, RSS, BJP
According to a statement issued by the Bihar government, Governor Ram Nath Kovind, acting on Nitish Kumar’s advice, had made Tejashwi Yadav the deputy chief minister.
Nitish Kumar has kept the home, information and public relation as well as general administration ministries with him.
RJD leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui has got the finance portfolio while JD-U leader Vijayander Yadav has been given the energy department.
Senior JD-U leader Lalal Singh, known to be close to Nitish Kumar, has been given the water resources development portfolio.
Congress leader Ashok Choudhary is the new education minister.
Earlier in the day, Nitish Kumar took oath as the chief minister of Bihar for the fifth time at a grand swearing-in ceremony at Gandhi Maidan in Patna.
Besides Nitish, 12 members each from RJD and JD(U) and four from Congress were administered oath as ministers.