Police have detained two caddies of Lucknow Golf Club in connection with the rape and murder of a 17-year-old girl whose body was found in the vicinity of Chief Minister’s residence Monday. The girl, a student of Class XII, had gone missing soon after she had left home for her school on February 10.
Lucknow SSP Rajesh Kumar Pandey said the two caddies — Samuel and Nasir — were named by the two rickshaw-pullers, Satguru (50) and Deepu (23), whom the police had arrested Monday.
- Kurukshetra: Friend-suspect in Dalit girl’s rape and murder found dead
- Police expand suspect list in Haryana Dalit girl’s rape, murder, friend missing
- Haryana rape-murder: Give culprits punishment harsher than death, says girl’s father
- Haryana Dalit girl gangraped, murdered: Attackers thrust object into girl’s body, says doctor
- Girl who went missing from Ghaziabad last month found strangled in Meerut
- Police detain four in Karnataka Dalit girl’s ‘rape’ and murder
The two claimed they learnt about the girl’s body lying in the thickets from Samuel and Nasir and only went there Thursday to collect anything they could find on her. The two stole the blazer and a mobile phone, both of which were recovered from Satguru’s wife in Barabanki district, the SSP said.
He said the four of them often assembled at secluded spots to consume heroin. “If Samuel and Nasir were aware of the girl’s body but did not inform the police, they come under suspicion.”