A 30-year-old systems engineer was arrested for allegedly confining and sexually assaulting a former colleague, who he wanted to marry against her wishes, police said on Tuesday.
Hyderabad Police found the 27-year-old woman, in shock and with bruises, at a flat in Tolichowki area here. The police raided the flat after she managed to send an SMS and posted an SOS on social media, alerting her friends about the situation.
Officers at Humayunagar police station said Syed Emad Hasan physically and sexually assaulted the woman for five days to force her to convert to Islam and marry him.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Hasan, from Aligarh, did his BTech from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, and started working at an MNC. In June, the woman, who had completed a chartered accountancy course, joined the company as an intern. They became friends, and Hasan soon proposed to her, the police said. The woman refused.
In August, the woman left the company and moved to Dubai, where she got another job. However, Hasan allegedly started pestering her, insisting she talk to him every night over Skype. “The woman told us she was forced to talk to Hasan as he showed her photos and videos of them together in Hyderabad, and threatened to send them to her father. He also demanded that she send inappropriate photos of her,” Inspector S Ravinder said.
Unable to deal with the threats, the woman reportedly decided to go to Hyderabad and ask Hasan to give her the photos and videos. He promised to do so if she met him, the police said.
On December 14, Hasan picked her up from Hyderabad airport. “He took her to the flat in Al-Hasanath colony and confined her. He took three days’ leave and brutalised and sexually assaulted her. He threatened to continue doing so until she agreed to marry him after converting to Islam. He even threatened to set her on fire and strangle her,” an officer of the Hyderabad ‘She Team’ said.
“On December 20, the woman managed to use Hasan’s phone to send a text message to her friends, and used his laptop to post an SOS on social media. Her friends then alerted her brother, who informed the police. We found her in the bathroom with injuries on her head and body. She was scared and in shock, but managed to narrate her ordeal. Hasan said they were lovers, but the woman appears very scared in his presence,’’ the official said. Photos and videos of the woman were found on his mobile phone and laptop.