Two Telugu youth, including a student, were killed in two separate incidents in US, according to information reaching their families.
Namboori Sridatta (25), who was working with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) in Arizona, drowned while picnicking with friends at a waterfall.
- Haryana man kills pregnant sister who married against family’s wishes
- In Maharashtra’s Beed, 25-year-old ‘thrashed, paraded’ by family of minor girl he fled with
- Surat rape-murder case: Three detained, police say girl’s mother also dead
- Video: Eyewitness shot a video of the Arizona, US, plane crash that killed 6
- For riding horse, upper caste men kill Dalit youth in Gujarat
- Nine held for Hyderabad youth’s killing in street-fight
According to his family in Vanasthalipuram in Hyderabad, the incident took place on Sunday but they received the information late on Monday.
Sridatta, who was on weekend with friends, slipped and fell down in the water. Rescue workers recovered his body.
The youth had gone to the US five years ago and after education at Arizona University, got a job at TCS.
“He was to come home next month but yesterday we got this shocking news,” said Sridatta’s father NVM Swamy, a private employee.
The family has appealed to the Indian government to ensure that the body is brought home early.
In another incident, P Naresh (24), a student in California, drowned in a river during picnic. The incident occurred in Livermore River Park on Sunday.
According to information reaching his family in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh, he was on a picnic with his friends on a boat when he slipped and fell in the water.
The body was recovered during a search operation launched by the local police.
Naresh was a second year MS student. His father Purnaiah, a farmer, said he had telephoned him recently to inform that he will be doing a part time job and send money home from next month.
Naresh’s family has urged the Indian government to make arrangements for bringing the body back home.