Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday greeted people on the occasion of Tamil New Year, Vaisaki, Baisaki and Vishu, to be celebrated on Thursday.
“I extend my heartiest greetings and best wishes to the people on the joyous occasion of Tamil New Year, Vaisaki, Baisakhi and Vishu”, Rosaiah said.
“Let us resolve to mitigate Climate Change and pledge to preserve and protect the abundant natural resources for the benefit of future generations”, he said in a Raj Bhavan release.
- Modi in Chennai LIVE: PM inaugurates ‘Amma Scooter Scheme’, says it will go long way in empowerment of women
- Jayalalithaa birth anniversary: PM Modi to launch Amma scooter scheme in Chennai
- CM Palaniswami extends new year greetings to President Kovind, PM Modi and Governor Purohit
- Tamil Nadu Governor, Chief Minister extend New Year greetings
- Let us work for nation’s progress, says Tamil Nadu Governor, CM
- Governor,CM greet Keralites on Vishu eve
“May the New Year promote peace, progress, unity and oneness in our mission to make India a Global leader”, he said.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in her greetings said let us pledge ourselves to unite together for the progress of the State.”On this occasion, let happiness and prosperity prevail to Tamils”, she said.
In her greetings to Malayalees celebrating Vishu, Jayalalithaa said people celebrate the day by meeting friends and relatives and seeking blessings from elders. “I wish love and peace prevail to Malayalees on the joyous occasion”, she said.
PMK Chief Ramadoss also extended his Tamil New Year greetings.