A court has sentenced a married man to life imprisonment for kidnapping and raping a minor girl at Orichery village in the district two years back. The district mahila court awarded life sentence to Arumugam (28) when the case came up for hearing on Friday.
The court also sentenced him to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for kidnapping the girl and slapped a fine of Rs 5,000 on him. The sentences will run concurrently, the court said. The prosecution’s case was that Arumugam befriended the 16-year-old girl, hailing from the same village, and told her he is a bachelor and earning a handsome salary. He also told her that he was ready to marry her.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On October 11 2015, when the girl was standing near a bus stop, he met her, gave her some false promises, kidnapped her and took her to Salem. From there he took her to a temple, tied a ‘thali’ around her neck and proclaimed that they were now a married couple. Then he took her to a lodge where he raped her. After two days he took her back to the village, left her near her house and escaped.
The girl narrated everything to her mother, who filed a complaint at an All Women police station. Arumugam was arrested after a few days and case of kidnapping and rape of a minor registered against him, police said.