A 48-year-old man, who was arrested in connection with a theft case, was on Saturday found dead in police custody. Kalimuthu, who hailed from Salem in Tamil Nadu, along with another man was handed over to police by locals two days ago. There are reports that he was beaten up by police in custody following which he died.
Waynad SP K Karthick, who is in charge of the case, said an enquiry is on. Demanding judicial probe into the man’s death, Opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala said there has been a “serious lapse of rules and regulations and human rights violation”. “The man was taken into custody 48 hours ago and the police failed to follow rules and he was not produced in court also,” he alleged.
Alleging that the attrocities by police have been on the rise since the LDF government came to power, Chennithala said that DGP and other senior officers have no control over the police personnel.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen