Five labourers were today killed and 11 injured after an explosion in a fire cracker unit near here that flattened the small building which housed the manufacturing facility. “There was an explosion and in the impact the building collapsed and five workers were trapped in the concrete rubble and they were dead,” a senior Villupuram District Fire and Rescue Services official said
Eleven workers were injured, he said. “The injured have been rushed to hospital,” he said adding of the wounded, six were women and five men.”All the dead were men and work is on to clear the remaining concrete rubble,” he added.
The mishap occurred at Turuvai village, about 55 km from here on the Tindivanam-Puducherry route. “It was a small building with three rooms. While one room was used for making firecrackers, other rooms were used for storing the finished products,” he said. On the reason for the explosion, he said it is being ascertained.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Following the mishap, top district, police and fire officials visited the spot and held inquiries. Police said they have begun a probe.