A 60-year-old woman was allegedly gored to death by a male elephant in Anthiyur forest near Erode, forest officials said on Wednesday. Karunal of Vilankuttai forest settlement area in Burgur forest was collecting faggots with some other women in nearby forest, last evening, when a single male elephant emerged from a bush nearby and began chasing the women.
The pachyderm attacked Karunal and pierced her stomach with its tusk, killing her on the spot.
Others who managed to run to safety, informed the villagers and the forest officials, who reached the spot.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
After the elephant left, they removed the body of Karunal.
A case of has been registered and investigation is on.