A 30-year-old employee of the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board was electrocuted while two others sustained burn injuries, when they were carrying out maintenance work at Thudiyalur sub-station, in the outskirts on Wednesday, police said.
The incident occurred in the morning when three workers had climbed a tower at the sub-station, as part of daily maintenance and were suddenly thrown to the ground, due to passage of electricity, they said.
While Ramu (30) died on the spot, Santoshkumar (32) and Meghanathan (33) sustained serious burn injuries and were admitted to the government hospital here. Investigations are on, they said.
The board has ordered a departmental inquiry into the incident.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now