Ailing Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK General Secretary has approved garlanding of M. G. Ramachandran’s (MGR) statue on October 17, the day on which he founded the party over four decades back, a statement said on Friday. In a statement issued here AIADMK said that on October 17 the party would complete 44 years and step into 45th year.
On the day at AIADMK’s headquarters in Chennai party Presidium Chairman E. Madhusudanan will garland MGR’s statue and also hoist the party flag. The AIADMK said Jayalalithaa had consented to issue the statement. The 68-year-old Jayalalithaa was admitted to hospital on September 22 for fever and dehydration.
The doctors later said she needed a longer stay at the hospital as she was suffering from infection and put her on respiratory support. On October 8, the hospital said: “The respiratory support is closely watched and adjusted. Lungs decongestion treatment is being continued. All other comprehensive measures including nutrition, supportive therapy and passive physiotherapy are under way.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Various political leaders citing her health condition had questioned the mode of advice given by Jayalalithaa to Governor Ch. Vidyasagar Rao on allocating her portfolios to Finance Minister O. Panneerselvam.