A 17-year-old girl, who repeatedly asked her parents to get a cell phone, allegedly committed suicide in her house in Kuniyamuthur in the city.
The girl, who had appeared at her plus two examinations, had repeatedly asked her father, who is working abroad, to get her a cellphone.
Her mother had reportedly promised to buy her one after the exams were over, police said.
- Shimla rape case: accused Colonel gets three-day police remand
- Father finds girl talking on phone, strangles her
- West Bengal: Woman held for ‘killing’ mother, 15-day-old daughter
- Three-year-old girl raped by juvenile in northeast Delhi, say police
- Girl ends life after father refuses to give her mobile phone
- Police identify victim’s 5 friends who play Blue Whale, alert parents
Last evening, both the mother and the daughter entered into an argument, with the girl saying she should be given a cellphone now that the exams were over.
The mother then went out to buy some items and returned some time later to find the body of her daughter hanging in her room.
Police were informed and the body was recovered.