A 17-year-old girl, who repeatedly asked her parents to get a cell phone, allegedly committed suicide in her house in Kuniyamuthur in the city.
The girl, who had appeared at her plus two examinations, had repeatedly asked her father, who is working abroad, to get her a cellphone.
Her mother had reportedly promised to buy her one after the exams were over, police said.
- 11-yr-old rape victim of Rajkot delivers baby
- Dalit man beaten to death over affair, girl’s kin arrested: police
- For 14-year-old, a reunion with family, and PM Narendra Modi’s book
- Gurdaspur acid attack: From strained friendships to fear — the girls fight on
- Hyderabad teen suicide: 3 school officials, including teacher, arrested
- Hounded by Hindutva activists for WhatsApp text saying she likes Muslims, girl kills self
Last evening, both the mother and the daughter entered into an argument, with the girl saying she should be given a cellphone now that the exams were over.
The mother then went out to buy some items and returned some time later to find the body of her daughter hanging in her room.
Police were informed and the body was recovered.