Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday asked officials to make necessary arrangements for power supply to farmers to meet possible rise in demand during coming rabi season.
Rao, who held a review on power, told officials that the demand for electricity from farm sector during rabi (winter crops) is likely to increase as the State received good rains this season, a release from his office said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He observed that farming in Telangana is based more on pumpsets and said farmers should be supplied nine hours of power during day time.
The power officials said they are prepared to provide adequate power for agriculture.
Rao also reviewed thermal and hydel power production in the newly formed State, the release said.
Telangana would have 9,000 MW power by rabi season and it would get another 1,000 MW of power from Chhattisgarh. Rao asked the officials to prepare an actin plan to provide power supply as per the requirements of farmers during rabi, it added.