President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday flagged-off a march for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan and their family members participated in the event. On the occasion, President Mukherjee and those present released balloons in the air before the President flagged off the march as a symbol of the commitment of Rashtrapati Bhavan to the Swachh Bharat Mission.
Addressing the gathering, the President said that synchronizing the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan with Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday is most appropriate as he had always emphasized on adoption of cleanliness in our daily lives.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“Gandhiji said that ‘Cleanliness is next to Godliness’. He had stressed on the importance of a disease free and clean body,” he added.
The President mentioned that Rashtrapati Bhavan was recognized for cleanliness under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan last year. “It is important to maintain the high levels of cleanliness and sanitation,” he added. President Mukherjee urged all present to make their individual contribution toward cleanliness and the Swachh Bharat mission.