President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday flagged-off a march for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan and their family members participated in the event. On the occasion, President Mukherjee and those present released balloons in the air before the President flagged off the march as a symbol of the commitment of Rashtrapati Bhavan to the Swachh Bharat Mission. Addressing the gathering, the President said that synchronizing the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan with Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday is most appropriate as he had always emphasized on adoption of cleanliness in our daily lives.
“Gandhiji said that ‘Cleanliness is next to Godliness’. He had stressed on the importance of a disease free and clean body,” he added. The President mentioned that Rashtrapati Bhavan was recognized for cleanliness under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan last year. “It is important to maintain the high levels of cleanliness and sanitation,” he added.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
President Mukherjee urged all present to make their individual contribution toward cleanliness and the Swachh Bharat mission.