The revenue department has completed the process of transferring the land acquired for the SYL canal to its owners. The record of all the mutations done in Patiala, Ropar, Mohali and Fatehgarh Sahib districts has been put online, said the officials.
Watch What Else is Making News
The officials also said that in some cases where owners of the land had died, their descendants had been identified through patwaris and numberdaars. In cases where descendants could not be identified, the land has been transferred in the name of the owner from whom the land was acquired at that time so his or her descendants could procure a copy of the mutation and get the land transferred on their names later.
Revenue officials in Ropar district said they as many as 260 mutations were done in the district where land was transferred to 2,925 farmers. More than 1200 acres of land was acquired in the district for the canal.
Ropar Deputy Commissioner (DC) Karnesh Kumar said they had completed the work and now farmers could apply for the copies of their mutation.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In Mohali district, a total of 699 acres of land was acquired and the work of transferring the land back to owners was completed on Saturday. Officials said land for the SYL canal was acquired from 1,251 farmers in the district.
Satwinderpal Singh Ranike, the Naib tehsildar of Kharar, said a total of 14 mutations were done in the district on Saturday and the entire land had now been transferred in the names of the owners. “The work has been completed and we sent the report to the DC,” said Ranike.
The work of transferring in Patiala was under process till filing the report. The Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), Rajpura, Harpreet Singh Suddan, told The Indian Express Saturday that a total of 70 mutations were done in Rajpura sub-division while 13 were completed in Ghanaur sub-division.
Suddan said they had almost completed the work but there are some mutations in Ghanaur sub-division which could not be done till Saturday evening but they will complete the work till 12 pm on Saturday.
A total of 1,508 acres of land was acquired in the district. Most of the acquired land falls under Rajpura and Ghanaur sub-divisions.