After being physically removed from Punjab Assembly during last session, Independent MLA from Ludhiana Simarjit Singh Bains on Friday submitted a non-official resolution to be allowed in special session of Assembly on the same issue of recovering Rs 15 lakh crore from Rajasthan for sharing Punjab waters.
Bains and his elder brother, Independent legislator Balwinder Singh Bains, were evicted from the House in the previous session of the Assembly on the orders of the Speaker. They were protesting against the Speaker for not allowing the non-official resolution.
Bains now wants the resolution to be admitted in the special session of the house called by the government on November 16 on account of Supreme Court verdict on Sutlej Yamuna Link. Simarjit was accompanied by his brother and an aide Pargat Singh, who was an Akali MLA. Pargat had resigned from SAD but is yet to resign from the Assembly. All three are members of cricketer-tuned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu’s Awaaz-e-Punjab.
Bains wants Punjab Assembly to consider a resolution to direct the state government to recover Rs 15 lakh crores from Rajasthan for 11.2 MAF of water that flowed down to Rajasthan since 1965. “SInce the special session is on Punjab waters, it is only logical to consider my plea also,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016