Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday condemned the killing of a former village headman by militants in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, saying it is “un-Islamic and inhuman” to kill an unarmed person.
“While condemning the murder of Fayaz Ahmad (ex-sarpanch) of Kandizal Kakpora Pulwama by unidentified gunmen, Geelani said it is un-Islamic and inhuman to kill any unarmed person without any proper reason and this is unjustified,” a spokesman of Geelani-led Hurriyat said in a statement.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The former village headman affiliated to opposition National Conference was shot dead by militants in his house at Kakapora on Sunday.
While Geelani has been condemning killing of unarmed persons in the past, he has rarely raised his voice against killings of mainstream politicians and political workers.