Commentator Swapan Dasgupta is likely to be appointed Director of the Nehru Memorial Museum & Library (NMML) in New Delhi. He is currently a member of the NMML Society which is presided over by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
When Dasgupta was reached for comment, he said: “I don’t know.”
Official sources said as Director of NMML, Dasgupta will enjoy the status of a Minister of State. “The government is in the process of upgrading the status of the Director of NMML as part of its effort to make relevant the life and works of Jawaharlal Nehru,” an official said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma declined to confirm or deny the appointment and said a decision will be taken “shortly”.
Last September, Mahesh Rangarajan, appointed NMML Director by the previous UPA government, stepped down after Sharma called his appointment “unethical and illegal”.
The government accepted his resignation.