Commentator Swapan Dasgupta is likely to be appointed Director of the Nehru Memorial Museum & Library (NMML) in New Delhi. He is currently a member of the NMML Society which is presided over by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
When Dasgupta was reached for comment, he said: “I don’t know.”
Official sources said as Director of NMML, Dasgupta will enjoy the status of a Minister of State. “The government is in the process of upgrading the status of the Director of NMML as part of its effort to make relevant the life and works of Jawaharlal Nehru,” an official said.
Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma declined to confirm or deny the appointment and said a decision will be taken “shortly”.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Last September, Mahesh Rangarajan, appointed NMML Director by the previous UPA government, stepped down after Sharma called his appointment “unethical and illegal”.
The government accepted his resignation.