- India vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI Live Cricket Streaming & Live Score Online: When and where to watch IND vs SL 2nd ODI, TV coverage
- Don’t hesitate to bluff voters, Karnataka BJP leader tells workers
- Live Cricket Score India vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI, Ind Vs SL Live Score in Mohali: Rohit Sharma 1st batsman to score three 200, India post 392/4
BJP MP Subramanian Swamy accused Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal of breaching constitutional norms in running the Delhi government and sought the President’s intervention, saying there appears to be a complete breakdown of governance.
In a letter to President Pranab Mukherjee, Swamy specifically referred to Kejriwal’s allegations that BJP’s East Delhi MP Maheish Girri is linked to murder of an NDMC official, terming the charges as “scurrilous and undocumented”.
Swamy on Monday mounted a sharp attack on Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, accusing him of seeking “guidance” of Congress President Sonia Gandhi’s Political Secretary Ahmed Patel.
He made the attack on Jung while joining a protest by BJP MP Maheish Girri, who demanded an apology from Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for linking him to the murder of an NDMC official.
- President sends Swamy’s complaint against Kejriwal to Home Ministry
- President forwards Subramanian Swamy's complaint against Kejriwal to Home Minister
- Subramanian Swamy Trains His Gun At L-G Jung & Kejriwal
- Maheish Girri performs Yoga, continues hunger strike outside Kejriwal's house
- Swamy’s latest: Sack Kejriwal if he doesn’t say sorry to Girri over NDMC official's murder row
- NDMC employee's death: Swamy joins protest outside Arvind Kejriwal's house
Separately, Swamy, in a letter to President Pranab Mukherjee, said he has information to suggest that the Jung was playing a “mischievous role” in “abetting” Kejriwal at the behest of Congress to embarrass BJP.
“He (Jung) has no work other than making rounds of Ahmed Patel’s place. He (Jung) should have spoken out for MPs like Girri and he should have ordered Kejriwal to provide documents or apologise,” Swamy told reporters.
He also said Jung should have categorically told Kejriwal that if he does not substantiate his allegations against Girri or apologise, then he would recommend to the Centre dismissal of the AAP government.
The BJP MP said he would go after Kejriwal like the way he took on RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan. “I was after Rajan in the recent past. He has left now. Girri is a religious person who has dedicated his life to public service…You are the CM, give written complaint. And what this LG is doing.”
In his letter to President Pranab Mukherjee, Swamy said, “I request you to intervene, particularly since I have information to suggest that the LG is playing a mischievous role in abetting Kejriwal at the behest of the Congress party to embarrass the BJP and, at the same time, appearing to oppose Kejriwal in public for sake of credibility.”
Swamy said Delhi government should be dismissed if Kejriwal refuses to apologise to the party MP over his allegations.
He also accused Kejriwal of breaching constitutional norms in running the Delhi government and sought the President’s intervention, saying there appears to be a complete breakdown of governance.
Swamy requested the President to ask the Union Home Ministry to issue a directive as per provision of the Constitution and seek a report asking on what basis Kejriwal and his colleagues have made allegations of murder against Girri.
“There appears to be a complete breakdown of any semblance of governance in National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi. The AAP is functioning in a highly arbitrary, unreasonable and malafide manner.
“Since the NCT is where the Union Government is also located, it has become crucial to restore some semblance of governance immediately,” said Swamy in the letter.
Girri has been holding a protest outside Kejriwal’s residence in Civil Lines demanding proof of his allegations. Swamy had joined Girri briefly in the protest.