UNION Home Minister Rajnath Singh Sunday said that children are the true torchbearers of the Swachh Bharat Mission. Speaking at a ‘Swachhta Rally’ in Delhi, where he felicitated people for their contribution to the cleanliness drive, he said: “I have observed children across the country. If any elder person throws some paper or rubbish anywhere, the job of preventing them from doing so is done by these children. Children are the true flagbearers of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan…I am confident that by 2019, the dream of ‘Swachh Bharat, Swasth Bharat’ (Clean India, Healthy India) will be realised”.
He also administered the ‘Swachhta Shapath’ to people assembled at the Central Park, and inaugurated roll-call shelters, Jan Aushadhi Kendra and smart class rooms for the NDMC area.
“In these two years, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has turned into a social movement,” he said. Later, he had lunch with safai karmcharis of the NDMC. “These ‘Swachhta Ke Senani’ (soldiers of cleanliness) work everyday to keep the area and our neighbourhood clean,” Singh tweeted.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju, meanwhile, attended a Swachh Bharat Mission programme at the N P Bengali Girls School in Gole Market in New Delhi. Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi also attended the programme, and the two ministers picked up brooms and joined efforts to clean the area around the school. The Union Home Ministry has, over the past week, undertaken a cleanliness drive as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission.
“Home Minister Rajnath Singh, the Ministers of State for Home Affairs, Hansraj Gangaram Ahir and Kiren Rijiju, Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi, senior officers of MHA and staff ensured that their offices, corridors and surroundings of the Ministry were further cleaned and it was resolved to maintain clean environment in future,” a Home Ministry spokesperson said.