Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the Swachh Bharat Mission has become a social movement in the country, asserting that it was for first time in Independent India that people were joining hands for a such a cause. Singh, who administrated cleanliness pledge to school students at a function in Connaught Place’s Central Park on the second anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission, said that by 2019, Centre will achieve a target of ‘Swachh and Swasth Bharat’ set by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
“We have to admit the truth that in Independent India, we have never seen people become aware about any social cause before, but now people are becoming more aware about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has become a social movement in India and is effectively running across the entire country. It is not an ordinary awareness,” the Union Home Minister said. He also appealed to school students to encourage their elders in keeping their surroundings clean.
“Our Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set a target of achieving Swachh Bharat and Swasth Bharat by the end of 2019 and we will definitely succeed in this regard,” the Minister said. The programme was organised by New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC). Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, Police Commissioner Alok Verma and other senior officers of NDMC were present. Rajnath also congratulated officers and sanitation workers of the NDMC for achieving fourth rank in Swachh category.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Two years ago, NDMC was on 15th rank in Swachh category in the country, but it has now achieved fourth rank. I hope that in next few months, the NDMC will achieve first rank in the category of cleanliness,” he said. Meanwhile, Union Urban Development Minister flagged off a ‘Swachhta Rally’ from India Gate. Several students participated in the rally.
“Flagging off ‘Swachhta Rally’ from India Gate, New Delhi. Happy to see enthusiastic response from children and adults alike,” Naidu tweeted. The Home Minister inaugurated 14 smart toilets located in various places through a remote.
Besides, he also inaugurated a roll call centre on Rajendra Prasad Road where sanitation workers of the NDMC will get basic facilities like drinking water. NDMC will construct 65 roll call centres across New Delhi areas. The Minister dedicated ‘Jan Aushadhi Kendra’ to the people of Delhi. Patients can get generic medicines at cheaper rates at these kendras.