A day after being suspended from JD(U) in connection with recovery of liquor bottles from her house, the Excise department today sealed MLC Manorama Devi’s residence and also intensified its efforts to arrest the absconding legislator.
Officials of Excise department with the help of police sealed the residence of the suspended MLC in posh Anugrah Puri colony, Senior Superintendent of Police Garima Mallik said. The sealing of the house came in the wake of a case registered against the MLC with Rampur police station last night in connection with about 18 bottles of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) bottles recovered from her house during a search on Monday. The search was made for her son Rocky Yadav, who allegedly shot dead a youth, in Gaya on Saturday night.
- Bihar youth murder case: MLC Manorama Devi applies for son's bail
- Days after son ‘shot Gaya teen dead’, MLC Manorama Devi surrenders
- Aditya Sachdeva murder case: Rocky Yadav's cousin Teni surrenders
- JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi booked for storing liquor at home, goes missing
- Bihar youth murder: Suspended JD(U) MLC's house sealed, say police
- Bihar youth killing: JD(U) suspends MLC Manorama Devi after son sent to jail
Police questioned a domestic help and a cook of the MLC about her whereabouts. Trouble mounted on the legislator after her suspension from JD(U) last night in connection with recovery of liquor bottles in dry state Bihar, and charge of hiding facts about her son Rocky Yadav who allegedly killed a class XIIth student Aditya Sachdeva after the car in which he was travelling overtook the SUV of the MLC’s son.
Wife of RJD strongman Bindi Yadav, Devi became MLC from JD(U) in 2015. Earlier, she was MLC from RJD from 2003 to 2009. Earlier, a case was registered against her husband Bindi Yadav and son Rocky in connection with seizure of liquor bottles. Devi’s name was included in the FIR last night in this connection.