EVEN BEFORE suspended Akali MLA Inderbir Singh Bolaria formally joins the Congress, a ‘rebellion’ against him has been launched by several leaders of the party, who say he had got many Congress workers booked in several ‘false’ police cases.
Several party leaders from Amritsar alleged that they were implicated in police cases at the instance of Bolaria, who was once a confidant of Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia.
Bolaria and former SAD president of Amritsar Upkar Singh Sandhu met Punjab Congress president Captain Amarinder Singh in Delhi Thursday and are likely to join the party on October 11 in Amritsar. Their entry into Congress has been facilitated by Dera Baba Nanak MLA Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa and his aide Gurpartap Singh Mann.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
As soon as the news of Bolaria meeting Amarinder was out, several leaders started protesting against his inclusion in the party.
Former Congress MLA Harjinder Singh Thekedar, who is also a contender for party ticket from Amritsar (south) represented by Bolariain the Assembly, alleged that Bolaria had got him, his sons and brother booked in a false case of attempt to murder.
“We all were booked in 307 IPC. We somehow got relief after the court ordered an investigation and we were given a clean chit. We have been facing excesses of Akalis for the past nine years and now when we thought we would get relief, these Akalis are joining our party,” said Thekedar.
Another Congress leader, Gurnam Singh, PCC secretary, said he was also booked n a case of 307 and 420 IPC by Bolaria, “I am shocked at his impending entry into the Congress. Captain Amarinder knows all this. We have been telling him how Akalis have harassed us in the past. This cannot happen,” he said.
Partap Singh Pakheana, another Congress leader, who was earlier with SAD, said he was opposed to Bolaria’s entry into the Congress. “He has many allegations in cases pertaining to land. I am a victim myself. Everybody knows he was close to Majithia. Why is the Congress letting this happen?” he asked.
Congress leader Jagdeep Singh Rinku Narula, who is also a contender for a party ticket, had held a press conference against Bolaria a few days ago and levelled similar allegations.
Bolaria was in talks with AAP earlier but some AAP leaders said they did not want to take him because he was once a close aide of Majithia.
Rinku Narula, Congress in-charge, Amritsar South and a hotelier, alleged Bolaria had acted with political vendetta after the 2012 elections and got his hotel in Amritsar sealed. “It was a long battle for me to get the hotel reopened. I went and met Amarinder in Hoshiarpur and requested him not to take Bolaria. We suffered a lot at his behest just because we were Congress leaders and we did not change our party although we were urged to join SAD a number of times,” he said.