A Naxal was killed in an exchange of fire with security forces in the outskirts of a town in Chhattisgarh’s insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said on Tuesday. “The skirmish took place in the wee hours close to Pota Cabin school under Konta police station limits leaving one Maoist dead,” Sukma Superintendent of Police Indira Kalyan Elesela told PTI.
Villagers had informed police last night that 5 to 6 armed men were spotted near the school in Konta town, located around 500 kms away from Raipur he said. Acting on inputs, a joint team of district force and CRPF’s 217 battalion launched a search operation in the region.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
While they were cordoning off a patch close to the school at around 4 AM, a gun battle broke out between the two sides, the SP said, adding that the rebels, however, fled from the spot taking the advantage of darkness and forest. During search, the body of a male Maoist beside a country- made pistol and a muzzle loading gun was recovered from the spot, Elesela said.
A search is still underway. The identity of the killed ultra is yet to be ascertained, he added. Prima facie it appears that the ultras might have planned to target surrendered cadres or security forces in the town, he said, adding, the exact details will be known after investigation.