A 30-year-old Maoist was Saturday arrested in Sircilla town of Telangana, police said. Following a tip-off, police apprehended Suthili Kanta Chandramouli in Sircilla town and recovered a country-made revolver, letter head and a seal of the outlawed CPI (Maoist), Superintendent of Police of Rajanna Sircilla district, K Vishwajith, told reporters.
Chandramouli alias Jangam Mohan joined a Naxal group as a militant in 2002 when Katkuri Ramulu alias Praveen was its Commander, the SP said.
At that time Chandramouli was allegedly involved in offences of extortions. After some time, he left for Mumbai, the senior official said.
“Recently he arrived at Rajanna Sircilla district and hatched a plan to extort money from a businessman,” the SP added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More