BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi today claimed that illicit sand mining and trade were going on in Bihar in connivance of the mining and transport departments with support from the police and drew attention of the state government on the violation of an NGT order banning such activities.
“There is illicit sand mining taking place from Sone river across a dozen districts in breach of the NGT (National Green Tribunal) ban on it … Hundreds of truck carrying sand make underhand payment of Rs 6000 on each vehicle to the local police to carry sand for illicit trade,” he said in a statement.
Alleging patronage of “vested interests” in Bihar government, the former deputy chief minister said not only was the state losing precious revenue, but also the sand trade was continuing in violation of the NGT ban.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“How come the illicit sand mining and trade is possible without the traders enjoying patronage of the ruling parties with the transport and mining departments, besides the local police facilitating the sand trade?” he questioned.