DMK on Satrurday lauded Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Army for conducting surgical strikes across LoC in the wake of the Uri attack, saying it proved India’s ability to conduct such targeted strikes when required.
“On behalf of DMK, I congratulate the Indian Army for proving its capability to conduct such strikes and Prime Minister Modi for being instrumental for this,” DMK chief M Karunanidhi said. The surgical strikes also proved that the Indian Army will not tolerate every such attack, he said in a statement.
The Army’s action showed that India’s patience had its limits, he said. India had carried out surgical strikes on seven terror launch pads across LoC on the intervening night of September 28 and 29, seen as a reprisal for the Uri attack which left 19 Indian soldiers dead.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Watch what else is making news:
On the Cauvery issue, Karunanidhi welcomed the Supreme Court directive to the Centre on constituting the Cauvery Management Board. He said the river water should be shared among stakeholder states — Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Puducherry as per the final award of the Cauvery disputes tribunal.
He expressed a desire that the problem should be settled amicably.