Water level in the Ukai dam, the only water source for Surat and South Gujarat, reached just three feet below the danger level of 345-feet raising the hope of farmers. In the last 98 days, the water level in the dam has gone up by 58.45-feet.
The dam authorities are at present discharging 800 cusecs of water from the dam. In the current monsoon season, the water level in the dam had gone down to 283-feet.
With recent good rainfall in the catchment areas of Ukai dam in the neighbouring two states of Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra, the inflow was 18,260 cusecs on Monday and the discharge was 800 cusecs.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
B S Vasawa. executive engineer, Ukai dam said, “In the last 98 days, the water level in the dam had increased by 58.45-feet. At present the water level in the dam is over 342-feet. Presently, we are discharging 800 cusecs of water from the dam.”