Surat hooch tragedy: Five Navsari cops shunted out

Surat hooch tragedy: After the inquiry, it was found that five policemen of Navsari town station were having contacts with the bootlegger over phone.

By: Express News Service | Surat | Published:October 5, 2016 1:09 am
surat, surat hooch tragedy, surat police hooch tragedy, surat police, surat hooch tragedy bootlegger, india news, surat news Surat Range IG Shamsher Singh said, “We have conducted an inquiry and found that five policemen of Navsari were having contacts with the woman bootlegger, Balkiben.” (Express File Photo)

Days after transferring five policemen, Surat Range IGP Shamsher Singh Tuesday suspended and transferred five more constables of Navsari town for their alleged links with a woman bootlegger involved in the last month’s hooch tragedy.

Singh had ordered the Special Operation Group (SOG) officials of Surat Rural to probe into the call details of Balkiben Mukesh Rathod, a bootlegger, who was arrested under prohibition act on September 18. The officials had seized liquor bottles from her house and also seized her mobile phone.

After the inquiry, it was found that five policemen of Navsari town station were having contacts with her over phone. On the basis of the SOG report, all five police constables — Kalpesh Vairagi, Manhar Raman, Surendra Tiwari, Rakesh Shriram and Paresh Manhar — were suspended and transferred out of the district on Tuesday evening.

Surat Range IG Shamsher Singh said, “We have conducted an inquiry and found that five policemen of Navsari were having contacts with the woman bootlegger, Balkiben.”

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

  1. No Comments.