Days after transferring five policemen, Surat Range IGP Shamsher Singh Tuesday suspended and transferred five more constables of Navsari town for their alleged links with a woman bootlegger involved in the last month’s hooch tragedy.
Singh had ordered the Special Operation Group (SOG) officials of Surat Rural to probe into the call details of Balkiben Mukesh Rathod, a bootlegger, who was arrested under prohibition act on September 18. The officials had seized liquor bottles from her house and also seized her mobile phone.
After the inquiry, it was found that five policemen of Navsari town station were having contacts with her over phone. On the basis of the SOG report, all five police constables — Kalpesh Vairagi, Manhar Raman, Surendra Tiwari, Rakesh Shriram and Paresh Manhar — were suspended and transferred out of the district on Tuesday evening.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Surat Range IG Shamsher Singh said, “We have conducted an inquiry and found that five policemen of Navsari were having contacts with the woman bootlegger, Balkiben.”