In a hit-and-run case, two textile labourers were killed after being hit by a speeding car driven by a policeman in inebriated condition early Tuesday morning here. Sachin police have arrested the police constable and two other occupants of the car and also recovered liquor bottles from the car.
The incident took place near Satvalla bridge on Sachin-Palsana road early Tuesday morning. Sahaj Shrimali, police constable posted in Ichhapore police station in Surat city and his friends Raju Shah and Rahul Singh, both residents of Kawas area in Surat city, were returning from Daman.
Police sources said the trio were drunk and after the car crossed Satvalla bridge, near Sachin GIDC gate no. 2, Shrimali, who was driving the car, lost control over the wheel as a result of which the car hit two of the labourers identified as Baijnath Yadav (35) and Rudranath Yadav (36), who were returning home from their job in a textile factory in Sachin GIDC.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Shrimali failed to control the speed of the car and hit the road median as a result of which the car overturned. Some passers by informed the police control room about the incident. They were rushed to New Civil hospital where doctors declared both the textile labourers dead on arrival. The police also found Shrimali, Shah and Singh heavily drunk. After primary treatment, they were arrested.
Sachin GIDC police inspector FB Pathan said, “We have registered an offence under different sections of the prohibition act and for reckless driving. Four liquor bottles were seized from the spot. Shrimali was not on duty. The three had gone to Daman to drink.”