BJP on Friday lashed out at NCP leader and MP Supriya Sule for targeting Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis saying her aggressive posture was due to the proxy war with her own party. “Sule’s criticism is result of a proxy war within the NCP. Instead of attacking Fadnavis, she should directly take on rivals within her own party in a bid to take over the NCP,” Maharashtra BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari told reporters in Mumbai.
Watch What Else is Making News
“Sule has personally targeted Fadnavis in the recent days. Sule, who never took interest Maharashtra politics, has suddenly become vocal and took on the Chief Minister. This is to attract attention and by such things Sule cannot become a prominent leader in the state,” Bhandari added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to Bhandari, NCP is “depressed after loosing 2014 Maharashtra elections”.
“BJP government has started probing alleged corruption cases against NCP leaders and because of which there is an internal rivalry in the party,” the spokesperson added.
Sule is the daughter of NCP supreme Sharad Pawar and represents Baramati constituency in the Lok Sabha.
Hitting back at BJP, NCP spokesperson Mahesh Tapase said, “Sule need not take control of the NCP as the entire party supports her work. She has carved a niche for herself as a person with an ideology and her social work apart from being a political activist”.
“BJP seems to have forgotten that Sule has been felicitated for her performance as member of the Lok Sabha. She is actively involved with regard to women and youth issues of the state,” Tapase said.
“The NCP chief has always encouraged new leadership in politics. He has given many activists opportunities to emerge in politics. So there is no base in Bhandari’s criticism that Sule is trying to take over NCP,” he added.
Recently in Pune, Sule took a jibe at Fadnavis for being “short-tempered” and said he “fights like the way women squabble over water at community taps”.
Sule had also said, “she would prefer to wear a helmet when meeting him because he might throw something at her in anger.”
“The Chief Minister is short-tempered and does not listen to anyone as his temper is always high, and he fights like women, the way they do over water taps,” the Baramati MP had said.
Sule had also reportedly asked scribes present at the programme to convey her message to the Chief Minister.