TWO DAYS after a clash between two groups of Dalits in Jhalur village of Sangrur district, Punjab state SC/ST commission chairman Rajesh Bagha visited the area and formed a three member committee to inquire the matter.
The members of committee are SDM Moonak Bikramjeet Singh, DSP Moonak Akashdeep Singh Aulakh and SP(D) Jaskaran jit Singh Teja.
However members of zamin prapati sangrash committee (ZPSC) alleged that they were not called for the inquiry. “Moreover, members of inquiry committee were the ones responsible for clash,” said Gurmukh Singh, member, ZPSC. “They will never give a truthful report.” He demanded a judicial inquiry into the case.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In the October 7 clash, nearly 30 people were injured and 17 were sent to jail after producing them in court. The clash happened over the issue of harvesting of paddy crop.