Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan was today conferred with an honorary doctorate by a leading South Korean university. Accepting the doctorate from Seoul-based Hankuk University of Foreign Affairs (HUFS), Mahajan said the honour assumes special significance as public rarely recognises the work of parliamentarians.
Mahajan is currently leading an Indian Parliamentary Delegation to South Korea. “HUFS’s honorary doctorate is a symbol of the commonalities between the work done at the university and in legislatures across democracy,” Mahajan was quoted as saying in a Lok Sabha statement.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
HUFS is recognised as one of the best institutions for foreign language education in Korea, the Lok Sabha Speaker said praising the university as a key promoter of international understanding. The university has MoUs with over 500 universities and institutions in 84 countries.