Amid Pressure from Himachal Pradesh Chief Virbhadra Singh’s camp, state Congress president Sukhwinder Sukhu on Tuesday got a much-needed assurance from the party.
Sukhu will stay as the PCC chief for now as the party high command had no plans to make any major changes in the state unit ahead of election year, according to Congress national general secretary Ambika Soni, who wrapped up her her two-day visit to state.
However, Sukhu has been told to team-up with the chief minister and work out a viable roadmap for the party.
At a Congress meeting on Monday, representatives from the national party unit said that the chief minister would once again lead the poll campaign.
“The Congress will form next government under Virbhadra Singh. There is also no move for changes in the PCC organisational set-up. The party will prepare a roadmap to the next polls very soon. Both Virbhadra Singh and Sukhu will work in tandem to see that the BJP is kept out of power in the state,” Soni said, before returning to Chandigarh after her visit.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Soni’s visit to the state capital was aimed at douding the tension between the two camps. Recent PCC appointments had not gone down well with the chief minister who, reportedly, made his displeasure clear to the party leadership in Delhi.