In a new campaign strategy, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal president and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal will hit the road shortly to visit small towns across Punjab where he will address small public meetings in grain markets or mandis.
At a recent meeting of SAD bigwigs, including MPs, ministers, MLAs, constituency in-charges and other office-bearers, it was decided that Sukhbir would address at least 40 such meetings in mandis across the state in the first phase of the party’s campaign strategy.
Sukhbir’s brother-in-law Bikram Singh Majithia, a cabinet minister from Majha region, has been tasked with addressing rallies in 40 Assembly constituencies. The rallies by Majithia are to focus on mobilising youth support for the party.
Meanwhile, Akali patriarch and Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal is already out in the dusty villages of the state, holding back-to-back sangat darshan programs, his signature meeting style.
Sukhbir and Majithia are likely to be out for the meetings and rallies shortly, said a party leader who was present during the meeting. “Another party meeting has been called on November 9 to chalk out the finer details and further poll strategy of the party,” said the leader.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Every wing of the party is working in its sphere. SC and BC wings have their own programmes.