BJP MP Subramanian Swamy asked the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to speed up the inquiry against Robert Vadra over allegations that he has acquired a “benami” property in London.
“I think the case is already under investigation by the ED and it is only a matter of time before a case is registered for summoning of Vadra”, Swamy, who is in Beijing while on his way to Kailash Manasarovar Yatra in Tibet, said.
- Enforcement Directorate seizes asset in Bikaner land grab PMLA case
- ED seizes Rs 26 crore assets of Sanjay Bhandari
- Concentrate on staying out of jail: Swamy’s advice to Robert Vadra
- Sanjay Bhandari’s passport impounded by I-T
- Sonia remarks expose farce that Vadra is private citizen: BJP
- Link between Robert Vadra, arms dealer, London house, says report
“There is no doubt Vadra has property in London through benamis,” he said referring to reports in the media today that the government has begun a new investigation against Vadra to determine if a controversial arms dealer bought a “benami” or proxy-owned mansion in London for him in 2009.
Vadra’s legal firm has denied that he owned the London property directly or indirectly. It also denied Vadra has any business ties with an arms dealer or his aide.