Legendary Indian violinist L Subramaniam and his wife and acclaimed singer Kavita Krishnamurthy lent their support to a global campaign for gender equality spearheaded by UN’s entity for women empowerment. Lakshmi Puri, Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations and Deputy Executive Director of UN Women, presented a ‘He for She’ lapel pin and wrist band to the couple in honour of their pledge to fight for gender equality.
Watch What Else Is Making News
In a press release, Puri said the ‘He For She’ is a solidarity campaign for the advancement of the women and aims to engage men and boys as agents of change by encouraging them to take action against inequalities faced by girls and women.
Krishnamurthy vowed to work for issues of gender equality, fighting discrimination against women, education of girl child and to support UN Women’s campaign Planet 50-50, that envisages a world where all women and girls have equal opportunities and rights by 2030.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The couple also met India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Syed Akbaruddin here yesterday.