A sub-engineer posted with Madhya Pradesh Rural Engineering Department was nabbed by Lokayukta Police when he was allegedly accepting bribe of Rs 50,000 from a contractor.
“Pradeep Kumar Kole was caught when he was taking bribe of Rs 50,000 bribe from the contractor at the former’s rented house in Sitamau town in the district,” said Ujjain Lokayukta Inspector, Basant Shrivastava.
Kole had allegedly demanded Rs one lakh for clearing the bill of Rs 14 lakh of the complainant, but settled for Rs 50,000.
- SDM Graft case: Middleman Brar moves plea in CBI court, seeks bail
- Tehsildar arrested for Rs 2 lakh bribe in Telangana
- Sub-Inspector arrested for accepting bribe of Rs 4,000
- Madhya Pradesh: Official gets five year jail for accepting Rs 5,000 bribe
- Another PCMC employee caught taking bribe
- Panchayat departmenat staffer arrested for taking bribe
“The contractor was constructing a road, worth Rs 51.22 lakh, under ‘Mukhya Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna’ and had completed the work of Rs 14 lakh for which he had submitted the bills for payment,” the inspector said.
A trap was laid and Kole was caught the moment he accepted the money and kept it on a bed sheet at his residence.
Lokayukta sleuths also seized the bed-sheet along with the money.
A case under relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act was registered against the engineer in this regard and further investigations are underway.