Resolving to expand cooperation in countering extremism and terrorism, India and United Arab Emirates have said governments must control activities of “non-state actors”. The two countries condemned use of religion to justify, support and sponsor terrorism, which is being perceived as an oblique reference to Pakistan. The Indian side Friday appreciated the solidarity expressed by UAE on Pathankot terror attack.
As Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan concluded his three-day India visit after meeting PM Narendra Modi, the two sides agreed to bolster strategic ties by continuing to work closely on a range of security issues, particularly on counter-terrorism, maritime security and cyber-security. They reaffirmed their respect for the “bedrock principles” of national sovereignty and non-interference.
- Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to be Republic Day chief guest
- Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to be chief guest on Republic Day in 2017
- Abu Dhabi calling
- Crown Prince visit will deepen security cooperation between India, UAE
- Joint statement of Crown Prince of UAE Mohamed Bin Zayed AI Nahyan and Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- First visit to a Gulf Arab nation: At UAE grand mosque, Modi hails ‘peace, harmony inherent in Islam’
On dealing with terror, they deplored the “use of double standards” and agreed to strengthen cooperation in combating terror both at the bilateral level and within the multilateral system. They also discussed growing religious intolerance and radicalisation and pitched for sincere efforts to check them. “They reiterated their condemnation for efforts, including by states, to use religion to justify, support and sponsor terrorism against other countries, or to use terrorism as instrument of state policy,” said a statement issued after the meeting.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations