BSP chief Mayawati on Tuesday alleged that the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh has gone on a “foundation-stone-laying spree” to gain cheap publicity before the Assembly polls next year.
“In its final moments, the SP government is out to gain cheap publicity before the Assembly polls. It has gone on a foundation-stone-laying spree and inaugurating various projects,” Mayawati said in a statement in Lucknow.
Watch What Else is Making News
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The SP government has made itself a “laughing stock” by only laying foundation stones and putting up inauguration plaques in the last four years, she said.
Mayawati said the building which houses the Chief Minister’s Office was inaugurated yesterday, but the construction work is still incomplete. Similarly, the foundation stone of the Kanpur Metro has been laid in a hurry.
She said her government did the groundwork for the Lucknow Metro project but the SP government was taking credit for it.
The BSP supremo claimed that the Akhilesh Yadav government waived off Rs. 680 crore debt of sugar mills with an eye on the Assembly polls.