Criticising Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati for asking Muslims not to ‘waste’ their votes on the likes of the Congress and the Samajwadi Party, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has said that parties like the BSP, SP and Congress think that the votes of only 20 percent of the people matter while the rest don’t.
“In UP, whether it is the BSP, SP or Congress, they all are running for one particular segment of votes that belongs to the minority and they feel that only 20 percent of UP votes, while the balance 80 percent don’t. And, therefore, they are running towards the minority vote,” BJP leader Siddharnath Nath Singh told ANI.
Singh further said the BJP doesn’t differentiate between minority and majority votes and only works for development and good governance which will be the sole focus of the party in the upcoming 2017 elections.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Addressing a rally at Lucknow to commemorate the tenth death anniversary of Dalit icon Kanshi Ram, the former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, on Sunday, said that voting for the Samajwadi Party or the Congress will only help the BJP come to power.
Mayawati said that since the onset of the BJP-led government at the centre, the minorities have been subjected to a bias by right wing forces over issues like ‘love-jihad’ and cow-slaughtering.
She also lashed out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for not fulfilling his 2014 poll promises.