Mounting a scathing attack on Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, BJP MP Subramanian Swamy on Saturday alleged that she wanted to declare a state of emergency in the country by “cooking up Hindu terror business” in the period 2011-12.
Inaugurating a meeting to mark the 41st anniversary of the Emergency, Swamy said no more emergency could be declared in the country because of the significant constitutional amendment passed by the Janata government which had come into power after the Emergency had been withdrawn in 1975.
- Subramanian Swamy hits out at Raghuram Rajan again
- Vadra, Swamy trade fire over ‘waiter’ remark
- Bloodshed means chaos, clarifies BJP MP Subramanian Swamy
- Sonia Gandhi blamed Mulayam for not supporting her dream of becoming PM: Swamy on Bhardwaj's claim
- Move Supreme Court against Chidambaram: Swamy to Centre
- Swamy and friends,and foes
“In 2011-12, Sonia Gandhi was planning to declare a state of emergency in the country and she had cooked up this Hindu terror business,” he said.
Swamy said he would soon release further details in this regard.
BJP state president Kummanom Rajasekaran and other party leaders were present during the programme held at Gandhi Park in Thiruvananthapuram.