Describing him as an “impactful figure” in the history of independent India, Congress President Sonia Gandhi today paid tributes to late Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his birth anniversary.
Remembering Shastri’s commitment to the Congress and freedom struggle, Gandhi described the late Prime Minister as an organisational genius who served the party and nation relentlessly till his last breath.
Watch Video: Ten lesser known facts about Lal Bahadur Shastri
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Gandhi said, Shastri followed highest standards of propriety in public life.
Shastri succeeded Jawaharlal Nehru as the Prime Minister.