Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday paid glowing tributes to the Father of the Nation on ‘Gandhi Jayanti’, saying that the principles he laid for Indian National Movement redefined freedom struggles all over the world.
Remembering Mahatma Gandhi as the principal guiding personality, who led and inspired India and the world with his philosophy of non violence, compassion, human dignity and commitment to the last human on the margins, Sonia expressed hope that India’s future generations will follow in his footsteps.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Expressing great hope in young men and women of 21st century, Smt Gandhi hoped and prayed that Gandhian thoughts and deeds will forever continue to guide an entire generation on the path of truth, equality, justice & universal progress,” the Congress said in a statement.
Earlier on Sunday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid homage to the Father of the Nation on his 147th birth anniversary and said that his ideals, dedication to the poor and struggle against injustice were inspiring.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Modi and other dignitaries visited Rajghat, the Samadhi of Mahatma Gandhi to offer tributes.