Two months after she fell ill, Congress President Sonia Gandhi Wednesday had her first public engagement when she met visiting Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe in New Delhi.
Sixty nine-year-old Gandhi had suddenly taken ill on August 2 during her roadshow in Varanasi. She was rushed to Delhi and was admitted to the Army Research and Referral Hospital first before being shifted to Sri Gangaram Hospital. She was also treated for a shoulder injury that she had sustained.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The Congress party president met Wickramasinghe along with former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and senior party leader Anand Sharma.
The Sri Lankan prime minister arrived in the national capital Tuesday on a three-day visit, and is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi later in the day. He will also call on President Pranab Mukherjee.