Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Thursday expressed “deep shock and grief” over the demise of Assam state Congress chief Anjan Dutta.
Extending her condolences to his wife and daughters of Dutta, Gandhi said that in his death, not only the Assam state Congress, but the entire Congress party and the state had lost a leader committed to the people.
- Opposition parties’ meet: Congress seeks unity on national issues, says delink it from state differences
- Sonia likely to chair opposition meet tomorrow for strategy on Budget Session in Parliament
- Republic Day parade: Rahul Gandhi assigned seat in fourth row, angry Cong calls it ‘cheap politics’
- ‘In villages, urban areas, people sit on one side, Dalits in another corner. No one discusses this’
- Sonia Gandhi will continue to guide destiny of Congress: M Veerappa Moily
- Former Congress MP Irshad Mirza dies at 68
Dutta passed away at the age of 64 at the AIIMS on Thursday morning. He was admitted to the hospital on May 25 and was undergoing treatment.